Welcome to the Cantata Forums!

Welcome to the Cantata forums!

Though the game isn’t yet released, we’re all glad you’ve decided to show up! We’ve only got a few categories setup while everyone finds their feet, so look below if you’re wondering where to go.

Announcements have all the latest news and info on Cantata.
Cantata General is the place to go for general information and questions about the game, as well as to find more info about the modding tools.
Cantata Development is where the team posts occasional updates on the game and generally wax poetic about developing a strategy game.

1 Like

yo this game looks fucking sick. Can’t wait to play it!

1 Like

I’ve been looking for games similar to Advance Wars, and this game seems like it has a very distinct style that separates it from the pack. Big fan of this spiritual sci-fi aesthetic. Very intriguing!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! Glad you dig the style, and yes Advance Wars was a big inspiration. Trying to push beyond that formula though into something new, so excited to see how people who loved AW growing up respond to some of the new design decisions.

Love the artstyle. I always wished for Advance Wars to have an additional strategic layer, so I’m looking forward to see more from this project…

1 Like

Thanks @Zennofska! That’s definitely one of the aims of the project, I’m really interested to hear what you think. Especially because I think a lot of people have that thought after playing AW but it means different things to different people. What kind of strategic layer stuff would you want to see?

Well, your game guide mentions supply lines which I definitely want to see. Something like Resource Depots, actual lines that can be raided etc. Logistics are the most important thing in strategic warfare.

1 Like

Yeah definitely supply lines are in! I’m trying to figure out how often to update guide items, but I’m glad you at least saw the tease :slight_smile: For Cantata the lines themselves won’t necessarily be raidable, but they will have failure points that cause a line to “go down” and prevent buildings/units that rely on that supply to be unable to get that supply.

I’ve also definitely toyed with the idea of depots where you can essentially store up supply to make your network resilient against attacks, but as of yet they aren’t implemented. Some stuff like this I need to really see how it shakes out in real gameplay.

And definitely agree on logistics. Right now the game has a victory condition that is based around region control vs. just military victory, so it’s very possible to win a game by playing the map/supply well vs. just trying to overrun an opponent.

1 Like